I Hate Halloween




I really do, the pressure to come up with a costume is too much for me. I can deal with the pressure of exams, papers and all of that crap, but costumes...its too much. But I made it through this one and we actually had an excellent week. It was a two-pronged affair and started on Saturday with a trip downtown with a crew from Monterey to see Hells Belles rock it. If you haven't seen them yet, well, you really just need to. Some excellent costumes were brought to bear as well, with Nick as a parking cart, Sam as a character form the Darjeeling Limited, Marianna as a feminist (complete with truly fetching armpit hair), Christine as a soul train dancer (I think?) and Mark as the famous "Ramboner". I went as a pageboy.
But in Santa Cruz Halloween is actually all about the actual day, and the rumor was that down town gets a bit out of hand. So despite having an exam the following day Christine and I went down to walk around. And it was indeed rather special. WE didn't stay long, though. Maybe next year we can really dig in.
Another highlight of the week was a visit from Tom and Carrie from P.A. It was wonderful to see them!
Ian

2 Comments:
Nice! Keene wasn't nearly as exciting. The extent of my halloween was flirting with a cute "Shaun" from "Shaun of the Dead" at a dance party friday night. I believe my opening line was "hey, is that a cricket bat?" What can I say, I'm smooth....
5:01 PM
that looks like a pretty sweet halloween gig. even keene has a pumpkin festival. port angeles? OPI.
7:27 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home