Earlier this week I took my open water dive course, along with my friend Hedda, on the Perhentian Islands off the east coast of Malaysia. I am now a dive diva. I am one with the ocean because I can blow bubbles at the bottom of the sea and I have been working on the design of my sea turtle tattoo to symbolize my deep communion with this animal and my new enlightened view of the ocean. I can hover like no other in perfect tranquility. Well, actually..... it went nothing like that, in fact, I think I am not much of a water baby and it may have been one of the scariest experiences I have had in quite some time. I quite enjoyed the actual diving portion of the class but found the part where you had to practice dealing with the what if's under the water a might bit terrifying- such as the taking the respirator out of your mouth and my personal favorite taking your mask off then going for a deep water swim. That said I did make it through the rigors and am now certified to dive. I hope that Ian and I will find an opportunity to go for a dive together before we head off to Paris in just 2 short weeks.
After the dive course Hedda and I traveled on a night train to Singapore and we are currently taking in the city which is immaculately clean and lovely. So clean, I would happliy sit or eat on the subway hall floor. Always within reach one can find a city cleaner and there is barely an ounce of trash along the streets of downtown. We've spent the last two days working our way through the National Museum and today being unable to resist the shopping malls any longer we spent the afternoon shopping. Ian I believe is happy and well on his surfing venture. I have recieved p.s. messages on Hedda's husband email ( he is surfing with her husband right now) indicating that life is good. PS. Ian if you read this, an email would be lovely!!!
I have decided to stay a few extra days in Singapore because truly it's cleanliness and modern novelties are hard to walk away from.
After the dive course Hedda and I traveled on a night train to Singapore and we are currently taking in the city which is immaculately clean and lovely. So clean, I would happliy sit or eat on the subway hall floor. Always within reach one can find a city cleaner and there is barely an ounce of trash along the streets of downtown. We've spent the last two days working our way through the National Museum and today being unable to resist the shopping malls any longer we spent the afternoon shopping. Ian I believe is happy and well on his surfing venture. I have recieved p.s. messages on Hedda's husband email ( he is surfing with her husband right now) indicating that life is good. PS. Ian if you read this, an email would be lovely!!!
I have decided to stay a few extra days in Singapore because truly it's cleanliness and modern novelties are hard to walk away from.
some photos from the Perhentians, the train ride and one of the National Museum.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home