The lovely views are endless.....
At the moment we find ourselves safely (mom I thought you would like to hear that word) in Mendicino, CA - a lovely little "New England like" town nestled along the rocky bluffs of the rugged northern Cali coastline. We arrived on Highway 1 just yesterday after two days of being inland along highway 101 and what a joy it was to descend around that final sweeping bend after hours of climbing, curving,and screaming downhills to that final trusted sound of the waves cresting ashore below us as we looked down over the windswept ridge of Highway 1. For the moment I am taking comfort in the fact that the worst is behind me. There were moments of the last several days as we suddenly found ourselves on a shoulderless freeway with trucks beaming past at 70 miles that I found myself wondering " so,.... why did I agree to this????" Which was interesting feeling as it was intermixed with amazing redwood forests and random tourist trappings (which we did take in -each and every one.) Trees that leave you in awe, dark pockets of forest with the sunlight finding only small windows to cast onto the pavement, and statues of Big Foot in every small town.
Tonight we are treating ourselves to a B&B stay - hopefully one with a hot tub!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home